What is strawberry lube?
Strawberry lube is personal lubricant that smells and tastes like strawberry. This type of lube is generally used for oral sex, but most strawberry lubes on today’s market are also suitable to use for vaginal and anal sex.
Most strawberry lubes are water-based and flavoured with natural extracts. However, there are exceptions, and you can also find strawberry lubricant in silicone and oil formulas. Because water-based lube is the most versatile – you can use it with all types of condoms and sex toys – all strawberry lubes you can find here at Condoms.uk are water-based.
What can I use strawberry lube for?
Strawberry lube is primarily intended to use for oral sex. The role of flavoured lube, in general, is making oral sex more pleasurable for the giver, especially when you’re using condoms or oral dams. Condoms and oral dams are essential to use to protect yourself and your partner from sexually transmitted infections – a surprising number of STIs can be transmitted through oral sex.
The most common infection transmitted during oral sex is the human papillomavirus (HPV). HPV is a very widespread infection. It is estimated that about 80% of sexually active people will contract the virus in their lifetime. This infection is transmitted through all types of sex and is usually asymptomatic. However, some types of HPV can cause genital warts and abnormal changes in cells that could turn into cancer. In fact, the virus is linked to a number of cancers, including oral and throat cancer, cervical cancer, vulvar cancer, vaginal cancer, cancer of the penis, and anal cancer.
Others STIs that can be transmitted through oral sex include gonorrhoea, herpes, syphilis, chlamydia, HIV, hepatitis, and even pubic lice.
The main problem with using condoms or oral dams for oral sex is that many people dislike the taste and odour of latex. That’s where strawberry lube – or any other type of flavoured lube, as a matter of fact – steps in, covering the smell and taste of latex.
You can also use strawberry lube instead of strawberry flavoured topping or sauce whenever you feel like adding a bit of flavour to your sex game. People have been using food during foreplay for ages. The first images of food used as aphrodisiac date back to the Roman times. Sure, they were mostly using fruit in those days. In the modern times, couples replaced grapes with whipped cream, icings, and sugary toppings. The main problem with those products is the sugar content. Sugar, or any of its by-products, should never get close to a vagina, because it can cause yeast infections and bacterial vaginosis – two conditions that can trigger a number of other issues and even impact fertility.
Flavoured lubricants, on the other hand, are formulated specifically for sex and are generally safe to use near the vagina. So, here are a few sexy ways to use strawberry lube to boost your sex life:
- Flavourful oral sex: Strawberry lube is perfect for enhancing oral sex. Slather it on your partner’s penis or clit and lick it off like you’re eating an ice cream.
- Flavourful foreplay: You don’t have to limit yourself to oral sex. Apply a few drops of strawberry lube on your partner’s nipples – or any other erogenous zone – and lick it off. Even better, you can have your partner applying the lube on areas of their body they would like stimulated. This is a fun way to explore their body when you’re in the initial stages of your relationship.
- Erotic massages: Strawberry lube is not only flavoured; it also smells nice. Thus, you can use it for an erotic massage that can heighten all your senses.
What brands make strawberry lube?
Durex is one of the most popular brands of sexual health products, their range including natural rubber latex and polyisoprene condoms, several types of lube, as well as sex toys and accessories. The Strawberry Pleasure Gel is a water-based lubricant suitable for all types of sex. The pleasure gel has a thick consistency and lasts a long time, but it doesn’t leave any sticky residues on the skin. It doesn’t stain fabrics, either, and is very easy to clean. Coming in a 100ml squeeze bottle, this lube will last for some time and can come with you on your travels.
The brand manufactured by LTC Healthcare has made a name for itself in the condom industry – just like Durex. LTC Healthcare has been supplying condoms and other sexual healthcare products to the NHS since 1993 and since January 2021, their products are vegan friendly and cruelty-free. EXS Strawb Lube is an excellent choice for people with sensitive skin. This lube is made with natural ingredients and contains no added sugars. You can use it for all kinds of sex and with all types of sex toys and condoms. A pump dispenser makes application a cinch, while the 50ml packaging is carry-on and handbag friendly.
Another popular brand conquering the market with its strawberry lube is Pasante. Like EXS and Durex, Pasante is mostly known for its condoms. The Sensual Strawberry Lube has a juicy flavour and fresh scent. This lube feels silky smooth on the skin and doesn’t stain fabrics. Like EXS, Pasante strawberry lube is vegan-friendly. No added sugars mean you can use it for all types of sex, whilst the water-based formula ensures compatibility with all condoms and sex toys. Similar to EXS, this lube features a dispensing pump for easier application. Half-way between EXS and Durex, it comes in a 75ml bottle.
Can I use strawberry lube with strawberry flavoured condoms?
Yes, you can, just make sure the condoms are compatible with the type of lube you use. For instance, natural rubber latex and polyisoprene condoms are not compatible with oil-based lubricants. However, some brands only make oil-based flavoured lubes, so make sure to always read the ingredients and manufacturer’s recommendations before using any lube with condoms.
The reason is that some substances can alter the structure of the condom, causing micro holes inside it. You may not be able to notice these holes, but the condom can break during use. In the best case scenario, you’ll feel the condom break or the tear will be large enough for you to notice it. Whilst you’ll still have to get tested for sexually transmitted infections and use emergency contraception, at least you’ll have the chance to manage the situation before getting pregnant.
However, some cracks could be so small that you might not notice them. Not only would this expose you, your partner, and any other people you might have sex with to STIs, but the risk of accidental pregnancy is much higher.
One thing to keep in mind is that only the condom wearer can feel if it breaks – you will notice the change in pressure and perhaps feel the crack. However, your partner won’t be able to tell because they won’t feel different sensations. That said, you should both be responsible enough to check the products you’re using and ensure compatibility.
Polyurethane and synthetic resin (AT-10) condoms are generally compatible with all kinds of lubricants. Yet, you shouldn’t take it for granted. Durex, for instance, has a range of lubes that are only compatible with natural latex and polyisoprene condoms, but that should come nowhere near plastic or synthetic resin condoms.
Whilst most flavoured lubes on the market are water-based or silicone-based – and thus compatible with all condoms – you must always read the label. To make things easy, here at Condoms.uk you can only find water-based strawberry lube that you can use with all types of condoms and accessories.
Is strawberry lube safe to use for vaginal sex?
Perhaps you’ve heard the rumours that strawberry lube – and all other kinds of flavoured lube, as a matter of fact – are only suitable to use for oral sex. This rule has been true for decades, because of some ingredients normally included in the formula back in the days. The culprits were glycerine and added sugars.
Glycerine is a metabolic by-product of sugar and has a sweet flavour. Both glycerine and sugar are added to flavoured lube to make it sweet and palatable. However, sugars cannot be introduced inside the vagina, because they alter the delicate pH balance of the feminine anatomy. Yeasts and bacteria feed on these sugars, causing yeast infections and bacterial vaginosis. These conditions are relatively easy to treat, but they can be very annoying due to their symptoms. If left untreated or not treated properly, these ailments could lead to fertility issues and even systemic infections that could be life-threatening.
Luckily, strawberry lube lovers nowadays can use flavoured lube for all kinds of sexual activity. Most brands stopped using glycerine and sugar to sweeten their products. Like flavoured condoms, flavoured lubes are now made with natural extracts and sweeteners that are sugar free and safe to use for vaginal sex. So, if you want to relieve vaginal dryness while having a delicious and fun experience, sugar free strawberry lube is the perfect option. However, for women who experience persistent vaginal dryness, lubes that have been designed specifically to relive dryness will be more suitable. types of sex.
How to buy strawberry lube online?
You can buy strawberry lube right here at Condoms.uk. Here are some of the advantages of buying from us:
- Genuine products: At Condoms.uk, we only stock genuine products from trusted brands. All lubes, condoms, and accessories are sourced directly from their manufacturers or official distributors in the UK. All products in our store are tested for safety and meet or exceed all British and European standards.
- Travel-friendly lubes: One of the most daunting things when travelling overseas is finding the same sexual healthcare products you’re using back home. All strawberry lubes on our store come in carry-on friendly package so that you can take them with you wherever you go.
- More than lube: Strawberry lube aside, here you can also find a wide selection of condoms in all sizes, sex toys, and accessories. Browse our range to find everything that you need for a fulfilling sex life.
- Free delivery: We offer free standard delivery on all orders of £25 or more and free next-day delivery on all orders of £50 or more. For smaller orders, delivery fees start as low as £2.99, so you can still get the products you want without breaking the bank.
- Discreet packaging: At Condoms.uk, we care about your privacy and pack all orders in discreet, generic envelopes or cardboard boxes. The package will make no reference to our website, condoms, lube, or sex toys, and the label will only contain your name and address and a generic return address.
- Speedy delivery: With a warehouse located within the UK, we can make sure all orders will arrive to you in a timely manner. For standard deliveries, you can expect to receive your order in a couple of days via Royal Mail 48 Tracked. Next-day delivery is available from Monday to Friday and is subject to placing your order before a certain time in any given business day. Orders received after that time will be dispatched in the next working day.
So, what are you waiting for? Browse our range of personal lube right now to find the best strawberry lube for you.