Skins condoms are becoming increasingly popular, and it's not hard to see why! Skins might be one of the newer players in the world of condoms, first appearing on shelves in 2006, but their dedication to sourcing the best natural rubber latex from the areas that have had the best crop each year, helps make Skins condoms an immensely popular choice when it comes to having fun between the sheets. Skins believe that sex is a fundamental part of physical and emotional wellbeing. Skins condoms play an integral part in this message, not just by offering highly effective protection, but also helping the wearer to look and feel their best. With careful attention to detail and a commitment to outstanding quality, you and your partner will be in safe hands with Skins condoms.
Who manufactures Skins condoms?
Skins is a British condom brand manufactured by Skins Sexual Health, a Nottinghamshire-based company specialised in sexual health products and accessories. The brand was launched in 2006 and has conquered the market with its brightly coloured packaging and premium quality condoms.
Since 2008, the brand has partnered with the NHS, supplying bulk condoms to family planning clinics and other healthcare facilities. In doing so, Skins joins other popular brands, including EXS.
From then onwards, Skins has participated in numerous sexual health initiatives and has partnered with celebrities to educate the youth and promote safe sex. Today, Skins condoms are available in a range of standard, flavoured and sensation variants.
How are Skins condoms made?
There are a plethora of condom types on the market, so what makes Skins different? On a mission to create a condom that people will actually enjoy wearing, Skins has conducted thorough research and found what stops people from using condoms before designing their first product.
Their research results showed that most couples give up condoms because they don't feel comfortable, they prevent you from feeling close to your partner, and because most condoms have an unpleasant latex smell.
Even though Skins condoms are made of natural rubber latex – a creamy white liquid harvested from rubber trees – the company took steps to remove the latex smell from their products.
To do so, all Skins condoms are infused with a fresh vanilla scent. This is one of the main differences between Skins and other brands that only infuse their flavoured condoms with scents. Besides their pleasant smell, Skins condoms also stand out thanks to their clear transparent colour.
In fact, all condoms from this brand are almost invisible. They don’t look yellowish on the penis, allowing you and your partner to enjoy its natural looks.
Another difference between Skins and most other condoms is the amount of lubricant added to the product. All Skins condoms are coated with extra lubricant, allowing you to slide easily in and out of your partner. The extra lube makes them perfect for combating vaginal dryness or pleasurable anal sex even when you don’t have additional intimate lubricant at hand. With this in mind, let’s find out what condoms you can buy from the brand.
Skins product range
Skins manufacture a wide range of standard and sensation condoms. As mentioned above, all variants are transparent, vanilla-scented, and extra lubricated.
Skins standard condoms
- Skins Natural: The regular condom from the brand Skins Natural delivers a comfortable fit and allows for a wide range of motion. These condoms have a nominal width of 55mm and are 190mm long. Skins advertise these condoms as thinner than regular condoms from the competition. These condoms are 0.065mm thick for a natural feel.
- Skins Ultra Thin: Thinner than Naturals, Skins Ultra Thin condoms are 0.055mm thick and join the range of thinnest natural rubber latex condoms on the market. They have the same nominal width as Skins Natural, but at 180mm long, they are slightly shorter. Despite their minimal thickness, these condoms are safe to use for all types of sex.
- Skins Extra Large: Suitable for men who like a roomier fit or need a bigger condom, Skins Extra Large condoms have a nominal width of 57mm and are 205mm long. They have the same thickness as Skins Natural and the same comfortable fit. Allowing for natural sensations, they’re an excellent choice if you don’t want to feel the barrier between you and your partner.
Skins sensation condoms
Like all sensation condoms out there, the Skins condoms in this range are designed to help you boost pleasure and enhance stimulation.
- Skins Dots & Ribs: Designed with both partners in mind, Skins Dots & Ribs have different textures displayed strategically to enhance pleasure for both of you. Raised ribs in the head area boost stimulation for the wearer, whilst dainty dots all over will heighten the sensations for the partner. These condoms are 0.065mm thick for a natural feel and wide range of movement. They are 54mm wide and 180mm long.
- Skins Flavoured condoms: Available in a multi-pack or in single flavour packs, these condoms can boost oral sex and are equally suitable to use for vaginal and anal intercourse. All flavoured condoms from the brand have a nominal width of 55mm, are 190mm long, and have a thickness of 0.065 microns. Flavours include strawberry, chocolate, banana, bubblegum, and mint.
- Skins Assorted condoms: Perfect for those who’d like to try more condoms in the Skins range, Skins Assorted condom boxes include the brand’s Natural, Dots & Ribs, and Ultra Thin condoms. You can find the Assorted condom packs right here at Condoms.uk in packs of 12 or 16 condoms.
What is the difference between Skins and SKYN condoms?
Do you need Skins or SKYN condoms? What is the difference between them? The two brand names sound so similar that there is a lot of confusion surrounding them. To shed some light, the main difference between Skins and SKYN condoms is the material they’re made of.
Skins condoms are made of natural rubber latex. They have a premium quality but could cause allergic reactions in people with an allergy to latex – like all other natural rubber latex condoms, as a matter of fact.
On the contrary, SKYN condoms are designed for people who are allergic to latex. SKYN condoms are made of polyisoprene, a synthetic type of latex that doesn’t trigger allergies. Because polyisoprene is more resistant and elastic than natural latex, SKYN condoms are slightly thinner than Skins. However, they’re also more expensive.
Size-wise, both brands focus on regular size condoms with a nominal width in the 53-55mm range. SKYN Large condoms are slightly smaller than Skins Extra Large (a nominal width of 56mm and 57mm, respectively).
When it comes to choices, most SKYN variants have a smooth texture and no flavour. SKYN Intense Feel condoms have raised dots but do not have any ribs. Thus, they are perfect if your partner needs extra stimulation, but they won’t provide any stimulation for the wearer. Skins Dots & Ribs, like their name suggests, have both dots and ribs and cater to the needs of both partners.
In the end, choosing one brand over the other is a matter of preference. Do you need non-latex condoms? SKYN is your best option. Do you want to save a buck, and latex condoms suit you? Give Skins a try.
Why should I buy Skins condoms?
Choosing the best condoms can be daunting. There are simply too many options on the market. So, why should you choose Skins over other popular brands like Durex or Pasante? Here are a few reasons.
- Skins condoms are truly transparent: There are many clear, colourless condoms out there, but it is quite difficult to find a condom that doesn’t have a yellowish shade. The mild yellow hue might not bother you, but it does change the natural colour of your skin. If you want to forget that you’re wearing a condom and give your partner a chance to admire your organ even with the sheath on, then Skins bring you just that.
- Skins condoms don’t smell like latex: Unlike other latex condoms that have a terrible smell, Skins condoms have a mild vanilla scent. The smell is very delicate, fresh, and pleasant – it reminds of vanilla shower gel. Not only will it make oral sex more enjoyable, but you won’t have to deal with any unpleasant odours.
- Skins condoms are extra lubricated: Many condom brands add a small quantity of lubricant to their condoms, but not Skins. Committed to making safe sex feel natural, all Skins condoms boast an abundant amount of lubricant. More often than not, you’ll be able to deal with vaginal dryness or even enjoy anal sex without adding extra lube. If you do want to add more lubricant, these condoms are compatible with most water-based or silicone-based products – always check the lubricant or massage gel label to make sure that your specific product is safe to use with latex condoms.
- Unique packaging: Aside from the attractive, colourful condom packs, Skins stands out with its 16-condom boxes. These square boxes contain single, individually wrapped condoms and are designed to keep on your nightstand as opposed to a drawer. The idea behind the concept is that you’ll be able to easily reach and grab a condom whenever you need it, without searching your entire bedroom, and without wasting a second condom if you accidentally tear it open whilst removing a condom from a strip. Square boxes aside, all Skins condoms come in single, individual wrappers. No Skins packet contains condom strips.
- Simple naming: One of the best things about Skins condoms is the simple naming of their condoms. Unlike other brands that use fancy names like Intense Pleasure or similar words – that are sometimes hard to decipher – Skins condoms have straightforward names. For example, Skins Dots & Ribs are exactly that – dotted and ribbed condoms. Skins Banana are banana flavoured condoms, and so on. Picking the right condoms for you is as easy as pie.
- Different pack sizes: All Skins condoms come in packs of different sizes, catering to everyone’s needs. You can even find them in bulk, 500-condom packs if you want to stock up for one reason or another.
All Skins condoms are tested for safety and are CE marked to the standard ISO4074: 2002. They are suitable to use for vaginal, anal, and oral sex, protecting against pregnancy and sexually transmitted infections.
Will Skins condoms fit me?
Most Skins condoms suit men who need a regular size condom. The only exception is Skins Extra Large – a large condom suitable for men with more generous dimensions.
The only way to tell if Skins condoms suit you is to measure your penis. You should measure your penis girth with a tailor’s measuring tape or string – measure your penis when it is fully erect, wrapping the measuring tape or string around its thickest part.
Alternatively, you can answer the questions in our quiz and let us help you find out what condom size you need.
Where can I buy Skins condoms?
You can buy Skins condoms right here at Condoms.uk. We stock the entire range of Skins condoms, including standard and sensation variants.
To buy from us, simply browse our range of Skins condoms to find the best condoms for you. On the product page, select the pack size and quantity and add your products to the cart. Then, proceed to checkout.
We will deliver your order in discreet, non-branded packaging. Our generic envelopes or boxes will bear no reference to our website, condoms, or sex toys, or sexual health products. All orders over £25 benefit from FREE Royal Mail 48 Tracked delivery in the UK.
At Condoms.uk, we only sell genuine condoms sourced directly from brands and their official suppliers in the UK. All of our condoms are safe to use for all types of sex and are marked with CE and/or BSI marks.
What is Subscribe & Save?
Subscribe & Save is a condom subscription service designed for those who don’t want to run out of condoms. All you have to do is choose the condoms you want us to deliver and the interval – we will charge you for the first order upon subscription and then will charge your payment method on subscription renewal.
Our Subscribe & Save helps you save up to 15% on condoms, lubricants, and accessories and requires a minimum of two renewals. After the first two renewals, you can choose to opt-out or change the delivery frequency and products. For more information, please consult our Subscribe & Save page.
Don’t miss out on something big.
Get the latest voucher codes, promotions and product launches straight to your inbox. Subscribe to our email newsletter now:
Condoms.uk 2023 All Rights Reserved