What are cherry condoms?
Cherry condoms are condoms that taste and smell like cherries. These condoms are primarily designed for oral sex, although you can find flavoured condoms that are also suitable to use for vaginal and anal intercourse.
Are cherry condoms coloured?
Cherry condoms aren’t necessarily coloured, although most options are coloured in red. That said, if you’re looking for a transparent condom or a condom in another colour that has cherry flavour, you can simply use your preferred, unflavoured condoms with a cherry flavoured lubricant.
Are cherry condoms textured?
Like most flavoured condoms, cherry condoms have a smooth surface. The reason most brands keep their flavoured condoms smooth is because this type of condoms is designed to use for oral sex, rather than vaginal or anal sex – there is no point in using ribbed and dotted condoms for oral sex.
That said, you can follow our suggestion above and use a cherry flavoured lubricant with your favourite textured condoms.
What can I use cherry condoms for?
Cherry condoms – like all other flavoured condoms, as a matter of fact – are intended to use for oral sex. The sweet, fruity flavour covers the unpalatable taste of latex, making safe oral sex much more enjoyable for the giver.
There is a solid reason why you should only use cherry condoms for oral sex. Some brands sweeten the flavour of their products with sugar or sweetener. Sugars can alter the delicate pH of your partner’s vagina, leading to bacterial or yeast infections.
If left untreated, those infections can spread throughout the body and can become life-threatening.
Some flavoured condoms are safe to use for vaginal and anal sex. You should know that all serious brands label their products, so you should be able to identify what condoms are safe to use for intercourse without too much trouble.
If you want to stay on the safe side, simply browse our range of flavoured condoms. Here at Condoms.uk, we only sell flavoured condoms that are safe to use for all types of sex. If you can’t find cherry condoms in your size, use plain condoms in your size and flavour them with cherry lubricant.
Is it safe to use cherry condoms if I’m allergic to latex?
Most flavoured condoms are made of natural rubber latex, so cherry condoms may not be suitable to use if you’re allergic to latex. However, nobody stops you from using cherry lubricant with polyisoprene, polyurethane, or lambskin condoms.
Latex allergy is rare and people suffering from it usually have mild symptoms only. However, like all allergies, a latex allergy can get worse with the time and can become life-threatening if you don’t limit exposure to latex.
Furthermore, even if you only have mild symptoms, using latex condoms if you’re allergic can be very uncomfortable. Some of the most common symptoms include itchiness, redness, and rashes on the portions of skin that come in contact with the condom. It is easy to understand that rashes and itchiness down there can be annoying to say the least.
Women usually have more pronounced symptoms because the vaginal walls absorb latex proteins faster than the skin on the penis.
They may also experience the burning sensation and itchiness inside the vagina, and you may not be able to enjoy sex until the symptoms cease.
We already mentioned the three options you have. Here’s the difference between them:
- Polyisoprene: Is a type of synthetic rubber. This material has the same properties as latex – it is, in essence, latex but without the proteins that cause allergies. Polyisoprene condoms are often thinner than latex condoms because the material is stronger and more elastic. The only downside is that these condoms are more expensive than latex and don’t come in as many options. If you’re looking specifically for flavoured condoms, you can find them from SKYN.
- Polyurethane: This material is a type of plastic. Its structure and feel are similar to the structure and feel of the cling wrap. Polyurethane condoms are the thinnest, but the material doesn’t quite have the elasticity and resilience of latex and polyisoprene. Polyurethane condoms don’t adhere as snugly to the penis as latex or polyisoprene condoms and are more likely to fall off during intercourse. A good alternative to these condoms are the female condoms that are also made of polyisoprene.
- Lambskin: As its name suggests, this material is literally sheep intestine. Lambskin condoms provide the most natural feel. They are very thin and allow for a natural range of movement. However, these condoms don’t protect against STDs and are hard to find. If your main concern is to prevent a pregnancy, though, lambskin condoms are as safe as natural rubber latex or polyisoprene condoms.
What alternatives to cherry condoms do I have?
Couldn’t find suitable cherry condoms? You can pick from a wide range of condoms with alternative flavours. Let’s check them out.
- ON Banana Condoms: These flavoured condoms are coloured in yellow and suit men who need a regular size condom. They have a nominal width of 54mm and are 185mm long. With a thickness of 0.07mm and no added sugar, they’re a perfect choice for oral, vaginal, and anal sex.
- Skins Banana Condoms: Slightly larger but thinner than ON, these banana flavoured condoms are not yellow. They have a clear, transparent colour and are almost invisible. They don’t smell like banana either – all Skins condoms have a light vanilla scent. They do taste like banana, and combined with the vanilla scent they make you think of the popular dessert banana split. These condoms have a nominal width of 55mm and are 190mm long. You can use them for all types of sex.
- Glyde Blueberry Condoms: Have a nominal width of 53mm and are 180mm long. With a thickness of only 0.062mm, they allow for natural sensations and feel almost like skin on skin. Glyde condoms are vegan and flavoured with organic, non-GMO, food-grade fruit extracts. They don’t contain any added sugar, chemicals, or artificial flavours. Thus, you can use them safely for all kinds of sex, including vaginal and anal intercourse. Glyde condoms are certified ethical and vegan by the Vegan Society – they contain no animal derived ingredients and are completely cruelty-free.
- Pasante Blueberry Blast Condoms: Have the same nominal width as Glyde Blueberry (53mm) but are slightly longer and thicker, 190mm and 0.07mm, respectively. The extra thickness makes them more resistant and, thus, more suitable for anal sex. Like Glyde condoms, Pasante Blueberry Blast are made of natural rubber latex. These condoms contain no animal-derived ingredients; however, the manufacturer doesn’t specify if it uses natural or artificial flavours.
- Skins Bubblegum Condoms: The same size as Skins these condoms are very fun to use for all types of sex. They have a pleasant vanilla scent and are almost invisible on the penis.
- EXS Chocolate Condoms: Cruelty-friendly and vegan certified by the Vegan Society, EXS condoms are an excellent choice for activists and those with a vegan lifestyle. These chocolate flavoured condoms have a nominal width of 56mm and are 194mm long. They are black in colour and very fun to use. You can use these condoms for all types of sex.
- Pasante Chocolate Temptation Condoms: These condoms are made of natural rubber latex and come in a regular size. They have a nominal width of 53mm and are 190mm – a great option if you need a slightly snugger fit. Slightly thicker than EXS Chocolate, they still allow for a natural range of movement and natural sensations. Ideal for all kinds of sex, these condoms provide excellent protection against pregnancy and sexually transmitted infections. They also contain no animal-derived ingredients and are vegan-friendly.
- Vitalis Chocolate Condoms: These condoms have a nominal width of 53mm and are 180mm long. With a thickness of 0.07mm, they are thin enough to allow for a natural range of sensations yet strong enough to withstand anal sex and vaginal dryness. Like all latex condoms, Vitalis Chocolate condoms are compatible with water and silicone based lubricants.
- ON Chocolate Condoms: From the same manufacturer as Vitalis, these condoms are made of natural rubber latex coated with a silicone based lubricant. These condoms are slightly wider than Vitalis Chocolate, with a nominal width of 54mm and a length of 185mm. ON Chocolate condoms also have fun packaging and are dark in colour.
- Skins Chocolate Condoms: Clear transparent in colour, these condoms are slightly smaller than EXS. They have a nominal width of 55mm and are 190mm long. Unlike the chocolate condoms from other brands, Skins condoms don’t smell like chocolate. They are instead infused with a sweet vanilla scent that can heighten the sensations during oral sex. Skins Chocolate condoms deliver comfort and have a standard design with straight walls.
- Glyde Cola Condoms: The first brand to ever make vegan condoms, Glyde manufactures some of the highest flavoured condoms. Their cola variety tastes like liquorice and comes in a regular size, with a nominal width of 53mm and 180mm in length.
- Skins Mint Condoms: These peppermint flavoured condoms are made of natural rubber latex and are transparent. They feature the Invisitex technology that makes the condoms almost invisible on the skin. Suitable for men who need a condom on the larger side, they have a nominal width of 55mm and are 190mm long. These condoms have a sweet vanilla scent.
- Pasante Mint Condoms: Smaller than Skins, Pasante Mint condoms have a nominal width of 53mm and a length of 190mm. They are coated with a mint flavoured lubricant on both sides and are perfect for all kinds of sex, including vaginal and anal.
- Glyde Strawberry Condoms: Are available in regular and small sizes. The regular size is 53mm wide and 180mm long. These condoms are 0.062mm thick and are coloured in red. The small size condoms are 49mm wide and 170mm long. They have the same thickness as the regular size and are also coloured in red.
- Pasante Strawberry Condoms: Like Glyde, these condoms are flavoured and coloured. They have a nominal width of 53mm and are 190mm long.
- ON Strawberry Condoms: The same size as all other flavoured condoms from the brand – 54mm of nominal width and a length of 185mm. They are suitable for oral, vaginal, and anal sex.
- Pasante Tropical Condoms: The same size as all flavoured condoms from the brand, they have a nominal width of 53mm and are 190mm long. The tropical pack contains an assortment of exotic taste fruits, including coconut, mango, and pineapple condoms.
- Glyde Vanilla Condoms: Vegan-friendly and fair trade, these condoms are made of natural rubber latex and are very soft on the skin. They are also coloured, so perfect for those who want a yellow condom. Glyde Vanilla condoms have a nominal width of 53mm and are 185mm long.
Where can I buy flavoured condoms?
You can buy flavoured condoms right here at Condoms.uk. We stock a wide range of flavoured condoms and lubricants sourced directly from brands or their official suppliers in the UK. All our products are genuine and come in their original, unopened packaging – as you’d expect, each pack of condoms or intimate lubricant is shipped in discreet packaging to protect your privacy.