What is a dotted condom?
A dotted condom is a textured condom with raised dots on it, whose role is to enhance vaginal stimulation during intercourse. Some dotted condoms are designed specifically to stimulate the G-spot, whilst others have the pattern scattered on the entire shaft and provide all-around stimulation. Regardless of the design, all dotted condoms should help women reach vaginal orgasm faster.
What are the benefits of dotted condoms?
The main benefit of dotted condoms is the increased stimulation for your partner. The raised dots are placed on the outside of the condom and stimulate the vaginal or anal walls. Most dotted condoms have a smooth interior so that the pattern won’t bother you during intercourse. That said, there are many reasons to try textured condoms:
- Dotted condoms can break up routine: Bringing novelty and keeping things interesting between the sheets can be hard when you’re in a committed relationship. That’s where dotted condoms step in. This type of condom can help you surprise your partner with new sensations and keep things steaming hot in the bedroom.
- Dotted condoms can help your partner reach orgasm: It is widely known that women don’t reach orgasm as easily as men. About 75% of women never reach orgasm from intercourse alone – that is, without the help of tongue, hands, or toys. Satisfying your partner should be a priority, and dotted condoms may help her reach vaginal climax. These condoms increase friction between the penis and the vaginal walls, providing extra stimulation to the sensitive area. Some women won’t reach orgasm during intercourse no matter what type of condom you use, but dotted condoms can still make intercourse more pleasurable for them. Likewise, dotted condoms can enhance pleasure during anal sex.
- Dotted condoms can be fun gifts: Who said that only couples could use dotted condoms? A dotted condom box can be a fun gift for your mate or even for your partner to use with their favourite sex toys.
Do dotted condoms have any disadvantages?
Dotted condoms (alongside the ribbed and ribbed and dotted condom varieties) have only one downside – they can be irritating if you’re not using enough lubrication.
Vaginas are very sensitive, and while increased friction can help reach a vaginal orgasm, too much friction can cause genital chafing. The anus isn’t self-lubricating at all, so the irritating side effect may be even more common if you’re using dotted condoms during penetrative anal sex.
In most cases, the secret to pleasurable sex when using textured condoms is plenty of intimate lubricant. If you don’t want to keep reapplying, use a silicone-based lube. Silicone based lubricants last longer than their water-based counterparts and are compatible with condoms. You should avoid silicone lubricants, however, if you’re using the textured condoms with a silicone sex toy or if you’re prone to yeast infections or bacterial vaginosis.
What is the difference between ribbed and dotted condoms?
The texture and intended use. Ribbed condoms have raised ribs positioned in such a way as to increase stimulation for the wearer. Whilst ribbed condoms can also stimulate the vaginal or anal walls (the ribbed texture can be felt on both sides of the condom), their main purpose is to increase friction and stimulate the penis so that men can reach orgasm faster when wearing a sheath.
Ribbed condoms are an excellent choice for men who complain about reduced sensations during intercourse whenever they wear a condom.
Dotted condoms have raised dots on the outside of the condom. However, their interior is often smooth. These condoms are designed to stimulate the receiver and were designed with vaginal sex in mind. That doesn’t mean same-sex couples or heterosexual couples who like anal play can’t enjoy them. If you apply abundant lubricant before penetration, dotted condoms can also deliver sensational anal sex.
To enhance pleasure for both of you, simply choose a ribbed and dotted condom. These condoms have both dots and ribs, stimulating both partners at the same time.
Why do women need more stimulation to reach orgasm during intercourse?
Sex should be fun for both partners, but why do women need additional stimulation to reach climax? There are many theories and possible explanations, but it could all come down to evolution and biology.
From an evolutionary standpoint, men evolved to reach orgasm during intercourse fast because male orgasm is necessary for the perpetuation of our species. Women can’t reproduce without sperm which men provide through their semen during ejaculation.
Women don’t have to ejaculate to reproduce, and they don’t have to reach orgasm for the purpose. Whilst orgasm induces ovulation in most mammal females, ovulation is a spontaneous event in humans and is not related to intercourse. Thus, women don’t need an overly sensitive vaginal canal.
However, the clitoris and penis develop from the same structure in the womb and work similarly. That’s why most women can reach clitoral orgasm fairly easily, even though they never had a vaginal orgasm.
That said, most women claim that clitoral and vaginal stimulation is important in orgasm. Because female orgasm is complex, using dotted condoms to provide additional stimulation and increase vaginal pleasure is always a good idea.
What brands make dotted condoms?
Most brands make textured condoms, but your choices narrow down if you specifically want a dotted condom. Here are the most popular options.
- ON: German condoms brand ON is one of the few companies that make dotted condoms. The ON Stimulation Condoms have a unique dotted texture designed for vaginal and G-spot stimulation on the outside, while the inside of the condom is smooth. Suitable for men who need a regular size condom, they have a nominal width of 54mm and are 185mm long. These condoms are thick enough (0.07mm) to allow for safe anal or vigorous vaginal sex. They’re made of natural rubber latex and come pre-lubricated with a silicone-based product.
- Mates: Mates Orgazmax’s name says it all. These condoms are designed to help your partner reach a faster and more powerful climax. To do so, these condoms have large dots scattered along the entire condom shaft. An important difference between Mates Orgazmax and ON Stimulation is the presence of dots on both sides of the condom. In this way, the Orgazmax also stimulates the wearer. Slightly smaller than ON, these condoms have a nominal width of 53mm and are 185mm long. These condoms are made of natural rubber latex and come pre-lubricated with a silicone-based product. If you’ve never used textured condoms before or want to have multiple options available for a special night, the Mates Temptations pack includes two Orgazmax condoms alongside an assortment of flavoured, plain, and ultra-thin condoms.
- SKYN: The most popular brand of non-latex condoms proposes SKYN Intense Feel – condoms with intensely raised dots. Similar to ON Stimulation, the Intense Feel condoms only have dots on the outside of the condom and a smooth inside. They are ideal for men who want to increase pleasure for their partners but who don’t like the textured condoms themselves. These condoms are made of polyisoprene and are suitable for people allergic to latex. They are 153mm wide, 180mm long, and 0.065mm thick.
What brands make ribbed and dotted condoms?
If you want to enhance stimulation for both of you, ribbed and dotted condoms could be your best bet. There are many brands that make textured condoms – let’s check out the most popular options.
- Durex: As one of the biggest names in the condom industry, Durex has several types of ribbed and dotted condoms – all of which have a nominal width of 56mm. Durex Pleasure Me is one of the most popular choices for vagina and G-spot stimulation. These condoms have dots on the head and shaft, as well as a flared shape that increases comfort for the wearer. Durex Intense Condoms have the same pattern and design as Pleasure Me, but they are lubricated with a mint-flavoured gel that boosts blood flow and delivers tingling sensations. Another type of textured condom that has the same pattern is Durex Mutual Climax. These condoms are lubricated with a neutral lubricant on the outside and contain a drop of benzocaine 5% on the inside, helping men delay ejaculation. If you’d like to try out the Pleasure Me condoms but are not yet sure if you’ll like them, the Surprise Me Variety Pack from the brand contains an assortment of plain and textured condoms. All textured condoms from Durex are made of natural rubber latex.
- Skins: If you’d like to try a ribbed and dotted condom but need a snugger fit, the Skins Dots & Ribs could fit the bill. These condoms have a nominal width of 54mm and are 180mm long. They are extra lubricated and have dots along the shaft whilst the ribs stimulate the penis head. These condoms are unflavoured, but they have a pleasant vanilla scent that covers the annoying smell of latex. You can find them right here at Condoms.uk in packs of 12 or 16 condoms.
- EXS: The NHS-trusted brand EXS also makes ribbed and dotted condoms. Popular for their comfortable fit, these condoms have a flared head and a nominal width of 56mm. Like Durex and Skins, EXS Ribbed and Dotted Condoms are made of natural rubber latex and are colourless and unflavoured. Suitable for vegans, EXS condoms are vegan-certified by the Vegan Society. You can find the brand’s textured condoms in dedicated packs or in the Sensation or Variety packs.
- Pasante: Last but not least, Pasante is another heavyweight name you can turn to if you’re looking for ribbed and dotted condoms. Suiting men who like a snugger fit or who simply need a smaller size condom, Pasante Intensity has a nominal width of 52mm and is 190mm long. These are the same condoms previously known as Pasante Ribs & Dots. Their design is similar to Durex, including the flared head that ensures an anatomical fit. Pasante Intensity condoms are available in packs of 12, 72, 144, or 288 condoms.
Where can I buy dotted condoms?
If you’re looking for the perfect dotted condom, know that you can buy it right here at Condoms.uk. Simply browse our range, add your desired product/s to the cart and proceed to checkout. Wondering why you should buy from us? Here are a few advantages:
- Huge stock of genuine condoms: At Condoms.uk, we only stock genuine condoms sourced directly from brands or their official suppliers here in the UK – search the CE and/or BSI Kitemark on the package. Both marks are a guarantee for quality, and all condoms we sell comply with the national and European safety regulations.
- Discreet delivery: Buying condoms online comes with one huge advantage – you’ll never have to feel embarrassed at the counter. We deliver all orders in discreet, non-branded packaging. All our envelopes and boxes are generic, and the labels contain no reference to Condoms.uk, condoms, lubricants, or other intimate products. You can rest assured that nobody will know what you’ve got until you open your parcel.
- Free delivery: Tired of delivery fees? We offer free delivery for all orders of £25 or over. If you want to receive your condoms as soon as possible, simply opt for next-day delivery when placing your order.
- Subscribe & Save: This service gives you peace of mind knowing that you’ll never run out of condoms. Instead of adding products to the cart and proceeding to checkout, select the subscription option on the product page. We’ll only charge you for the first delivery upfront, then charge your payment method on each renewal. After two renewals, you can opt out or change your subscription preferences.
- Not only condoms: Here at Condoms.uk, we only stock a wide range of intimate lubricants, sensual massage gels, and accessories – all that you need for a safe yet satisfying sexual experience.