What are warming condoms?
Warming condoms are a special type of condoms designed to provide added sensations. Coated with a warming effect gel, these condoms heat on contact and improve the sexual experience for both partners. These condoms increase the sense of intimacy whilst protecting you against sexually transmitted infections and pregnancy.
What do warming condoms do?
Warming condoms do exactly what it says on the tin – deliver a warming sensation during use. Some may describe the sensation as burning, whilst others may only find it mildly warming. No matter how you feel warming condoms on contact, remember that you should avoid using them right after you’ve shaved or waxed down there, because they could irritate you.
Like most sensation condoms, warming condoms are designed with the ladies in mind. Their main purpose is to enhance feminine pleasure during vaginal penetration. Their opposite is the cooling condoms, designed to deliver tingling sensations. Cooling condoms may also help men delay ejaculation and can facilitate anal penetration. Since they are designed with women in mind, some warming condoms also have ribs or dots designed to intensify pleasure even more.
Do they really work?
Yes, warming condoms really work. Perhaps not everyone will like the warming effect, but they deliver the sensations they promise. In most cases, those sensations combined with the ribbed and dotted patterns on the condom, help ladies reach faster and more powerful vaginal climaxes.
Men may also experience the same intensified sensations women feel and may reach orgasm faster. However, some gents may find that they “burn” down there. To solve the issue, simply use a warming condom that is only coated with the warming effect gel on the outside.
Are warming condoms dangerous?
No, warming condoms are not dangerous. They are safe to use for sex and provide the same protection against pregnancy and sexually transmitted infections as standard condoms. The only difference between warming condoms and standard condoms is the type of lube they are lubricated with.
Instead of standard lubricant, warming condoms are coated with a warming effect gel. The gel can be water-based or silicone-based, depending on the brand – typically, condom manufacturers coat their condoms with silicone-based lubes because they last longer and don’t dry out as fast as water-based lubricants, increasing the product’s shelf life.
That said, warming condoms could intensify irritation if they are used shortly after you’ve shaved or waxed your privates. Some women may also describe the sensation as incredibly hot and unpleasant. Remember that each person is different and everyone may experience those sensations differently – people with sensitive skin are less likely to enjoy cooling or warming condoms.
Another thing to keep in mind is that whilst warming condoms aren’t essentially dangerous, they only come in natural rubber latex. Thus, they are not suitable to use if you’re allergic to latex.
Latex allergy is a rare condition affecting under 1 in 1,000 people in the UK. Symptoms are usually mild and include redness and irritation at the point of contact (namely, where the skin comes in contact with the condom), hives, and itchiness or soreness.
However, some people may develop moderate or severe symptoms. These include:
- Hives or rashes on portions of skin that haven’t come in contact with the latex
- Runny nose
- Watery eyes
- Breathing difficulty
- Cardiovascular symptoms
- Loss of consciousness
Women are more likely to develop moderate and severe symptoms compared to men, because the vaginal walls absorb the allergy-causing proteins faster than the skin on the penis. Like all allergies, latex allergy can be life-threatening and should not be underestimated. If you’re allergic to latex but would still like to try the soothing sensations warming condoms can bring, simply use plain, non-latex condoms with the warming lubricant of your choice.
What brands make warming condoms?
With most couples looking for new sensations in the bedroom, warming condoms are available from the most popular brands, including Pasante, EXS, and Vitalis.
- Pasante Warming Condoms: Are made of natural rubber latex and have a soft, smooth feel. Even though they are designed for vaginal sex, these condoms also enhance sensations during anal and oral sex. Ideal for men who need a regular size condom and like a snugger fit, they have a nominal width of 53mm and are 190mm long. Pasante condoms are electronically tested for safety and are suitable for people with a vegan lifestyle.
- EXS Warming Condoms: Are more suitable for men who need a regular size condom but who don’t like the constrictive effect. They have a nominal width of 54mm and are 194mm long. With a thickness of only 0.062mm, they feel like nothing between you and your partner. Like Pasante, they are made of natural rubber latex and have a smooth texture. EXS Warming condoms are also a perfect choice for those who want to use a vegan condom. Since January 2021, EXS condoms are vegan certified by the Vegan Society.
- Vitalis Stimulation and Warming Condoms: Are designed to enhance sensations and increase stimulation for both partners. Like the other warming condoms on this list, Vitalis Stimulation and Warming have a regular size and stand in-between Pasante and EXS. They have a nominal width of 53mm and are 180mm long. They are slightly thicker than EXS (0.07mm thick), but they are more suitable for anal sex if you’re worried a thinner condom might break.
What size do warming condoms have?
All warming condoms available on the market have a regular size. Regular size is an umbrella term referring to condoms that suit most men. Their actual size may vary between different regions and countries because the average size of the penis is different between different ethnic groups.
In the UK and Europe, regular size refers to condoms with a nominal width between 52mm and 56mm. Most warming condoms on the market have a nominal width of 52mm, 53mm, or 54mm.
When choosing the right condoms for you, remember that the condom should be snug enough to stay firm on your penis during intercourse but loose enough to allow for a natural range of movements. Using a slightly snugger condom every now and then won’t do you any harm – and is a great option for delaying ejaculation. However, constantly wearing a small condom could lead to erectile dysfunction and impotence in the long run due to the condom’s constrictive nature.
Wearing a too loose condom, on the other hand, is also a poor idea. If the condom is too big, it won’t stay firm on your penis, and it could slide off during intercourse. Some men find it more pleasurable to use a loose condom and a drop of lubricant inside the condom for safe oral sex. As long as you or your partner holds the condom firmly at the base of the penis, you shouldn’t have any issues with this practice.
However, you should never use a loose condom for vaginal or anal intercourse. Not only will you be exposed to the risk of pregnancy and contracting a sexually transmitted infection if the condom falls off, but in some cases, it could be difficult to get the condom out from your partner’s body. If the condom gets stuck inside the vagina or anus, or if it breaks in there, you might have to have it removed by a doctor.
What other condoms can I use to enhance sensations in the bedroom?
Warming condoms are designed to stimulate both partners, but they are not the only options you have. Here are other fun types of speciality condoms you can use:
- Cooling condoms: The opposite of warming condoms, cooling condoms are designed to bring some freshness and tingling sensations. Most couples prefer using cooling condoms for oral sex due to the fresh spearmint taste, whilst some use them to delay ejaculation naturally or facilitate anal penetration. During vaginal sex, cooling condoms deliver tingling sensations.
- Flavoured condoms: If you want to use condoms for oral sex but you or your partner don’t like the taste and smell of latex, flavoured condoms can save the day. You can pick from various flavours, such as strawberry, blueberry, mint, pineapple, mango, coconut, chocolate, cola, or vanilla. Most flavoured condoms are also coloured, stimulating most of your senses.
- Textured condoms: Ribbed, dotted, or ribbed and dotted, these condoms can increase stimulation for one or both partners. Ideal to use for vaginal sex if your partner finds it hard to reach vaginal orgasm otherwise.
- Glow in the dark condoms: Perhaps the most fun to use, these condoms are ideal to break the ice if your partner is shy and doesn’t like sex with the lights on. These condoms are also ideal for parties, such as stag or hen-dos, or to use for your first time. Using the same principle as fluorescent toys, they glow in the dark for up to 20 minutes after a brief exposure to light.
How to buy warming condoms online from Condoms.uk?
Buying warming condoms online is easy. Simply browse our range of warming condoms and pick the one that fits you best. Open the product page, select the quantity, and add the product to the cart. Then, you can keep browsing and shop for other products or proceed to checkout.
At Condoms.uk, we have your security and safety at heart. We use secure payment methods and don’t store your debit or credit card details. In this way, you can rest assured nobody will be able to access your sensitive information.
If you want to make sure you’ll never run out of condoms, you can choose to buy through our Subscribe & Save scheme. This option allows you to save up to 15% when buying condoms, lubricants, or sex toys from us. Once you join the programme, we’ll have the condoms delivered based on the timeframes you choose. After the subscription has been renewed at least two times, you can change or cancel it at any time.
Why should I buy warming condoms from Condoms.uk?
Buying condoms from us gives you the guarantee that you’ll get the highest quality, genuine condoms. We only sell branded condoms sourced directly from brands or their official distributors in the UK. All products we stock and sell are marked with the CE and/or BSI Kitemark, these symbols acting as a guarantee for the quality.
You will also get free standard delivery on orders over £25. Next day delivery is available for a small extra fee, or for free if you place an order for £50 or more.
Another reason to buy from us is the discreet delivery. We will pack your products in generic packaging that has no brands and no mention whatsoever of our website. With this in mind, you can rest assured that you’ll get the highest service standard as well as products with a long shelf life.
So, what are you waiting for? Browse our range of condoms to find the best warming condoms for you and your beloved one.